Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Advance notice!

Shaykh Mufti Taqee Uthmani damat barakatuhum relates from his father Shaykh Mufti Muhammad Shafee  

'Once a person met Malakul Maut (the Angel of Death) and complained, 

"You behave very differently! Whenever anybody is summoned by a worldly authority, some form of notice is always served. This allows one to prepare for the meeting.However, your behaviour is very strange, whenever you wish, without any prior notification, you arrive to capture the ruh(soul)...what kind of behaviour is this?"


Malakul Maut replied,

"O brother, I forward so many notices that nobody in dunya (world) sends such a large number...But what to do?You pay no heed to my notices! Whenever you suffer some illness, this is one of my notices! When your hair begin to turn grey, this is one of my notices! When your grandchildren are born, this is one of my notices! I send so many notices, yet you fail to take lesson."'

No comments:

Post a Comment